11.01.2004

Why I like the commenting system sooo damn much

"I always wondered how many years 'perfect' lasts."

I think I'm going to find out soon enough. But is "perfection" what I really want, I ask myself. Or is it just a fantasy I want to delude myself with? In any case, here's what I do: as much as possible, as soon as possible, I want to strip everything of of their seeming "perfectness"--that way, I won't be as disappointed as I would be if I keep holding on to the image of perfection I have of the persons I'm intimately involved with or of the relationshops I am having with them. I think that drives them crazy. Her, in particular. Oh well.

***

Last time I weighed myself I tipped (barely) the scales at 42 kgs. My mission is to gain at least 5 kgs. I eat and eat and eat and still nothing. I hate being skinny.

***

I do the comics section first. Then the lurid details in the entertainment/showbusiness pages. Then the ad pages for my sinful consumerist side. Then the front pages. I don't read everything, only the goriest, grossiest ones. Usually the news with someone's head being cut off with knives. Or the one with the guy so desperate he held his own kid hostage, went atop a flyover, then jumped into the busy street below. With the kid in his arms.

***

And I got Kyan the Grooming Guru. Aha. How predictable my taste in men is. But as you know me, as much as you can know me virtually, C, I am anything but predictable.

***

"The world waits with bated breath."

I am not.

***

I am this

You are starch. You are rigid, opinionated, hard-willed and not too friendly about it. You keep people out of places, or you keep them in, and without you a lot of things would collapse. Hopefully you will never have the authority to burn people at the stake. Sir. Ma'am.

where is the fucking torch?!!! need to torch some more cats.

***

Not this girl I told my secrets to. Secrets that would certainly put me in one of the rungs in Dante's hell (if there is such a thing). I told her THE secrets, deadpan. She took it in, without even blinking an eye. Though we had great fun after that... Hmm. Should that tell me something?

***


I absolutely stand by Firefox. I may not stand for many things, but Firefox, I will crawl cactus beds for... But that's not standing, is it?


***

Sleep
? What the hell is that? Does it taste like Vochelle Dark Chocolate with Almonds?


***

Just had Osso Buco and so full my brain's half asleep. By the way, I did the quiz again and look at what I am tonight

You are mRNA. You're brilliant, full of important, interesting information and you're a great friend to the people you care about. You may have sides to you that no one understands. But while you understand more than most people, you're only half-there most of the time.

Haha. "Only half-there most of the time." How true.

***

I wish I can do it like you do, actually announce "I'm going on weeklong blog vacation!" and have something to show for it. Me, when I announce I'm going to have a blog vacation, it is redundant since I seem to have more blogless days than a day with a blog-entry.

And did you read what Scorpio IIIs are? I am charming! Hahaha! That was the best joke ever.

***

Nope, they don't shatter. But things are never quite the same again. Different like they are no longer in the phonebook or when you see them in the street you look at them and you feel that you should know them but couldn't quite place them. It's only much much later, when you realized that she was your best friend for 18 years before you dropped her.

***

You listened to Korn when you were in college? GAD. You are young. The ideal place for me was the school cafeteria. The noise is in ideal decibel level for me to be able to concentrate on integral and differential calculus problems. It worked: I got the hightest possible grades in my calculus courses. I think the only use I got out of getting the highest grade in calculus is that I would be able to comment in your site that I got the highest possible grade in calculus.

***

50,000 words that has to do with fucking?

***

Secrets I've kept for most of my life because I was ashamed of them... Things I saw, did or was done to me. Things that are way too deep in the deepest of secrets...Anyway, I told them to this wonderful person who is so present in my life right now and she still loves me. There is no scaring away that girl.

***

Oh wow.

***

I've managed to earn a degree in shopping. I go to the store, knowing what size I need, what shade of white I want, and the amount I'm willing to spend. Then, when the store don't have what I want, I ask the storepeople, When do you think your next stock of such-and-such will come in? But buying a thong for the gf confounded me. She is American and she is not petite. The fucking store don't have the hot pink thongs I want in her size! Anyway, she thought it was sweet of me but really
, she is not into that kind of lingerie.

***

Not unlike good sex. Good sex is dirty. If it's not dirty, it's not good.

***

Um.

***

And that was just for October.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Karen, you make one good commenter (commentator?)! Very witty.

Anonymous said...

Hey, who got the salacious comments? I got no salacious comments...

Vanessa

Karen said...

V: More than salacious, you got confessions.