Girlfriend's in quandary. She wanted to go to the dinosaur museum in Khon Kaen because the last time I was there we weren't able to and I so wanted to see the dinosaur bones because I'm such a geek that I have this thing going for such obsolete things as bones and Fra Lippo Lippi... Anyway, she wanted to go there and take some pictures of the bones so that she can show off and be able to say: "See? I love you enough to go to some geeky museum even though I'm way too cool for such places. I would have stolen some tailbones for you but that, too, is way too low for a classy act like me." Anyway, the thing is, the locals don't even know (or maybe pretend that they don't know) where the museum is and they are charging a thousand baht to bring her to the museum. That made up our minds. One thousand baht is way too much, even for a chance to show off pictures of wonderful dead prehistoric bones for me. She'll be better off making up for it in some other way.
Now in some other news. I read this blog entry today and deja vu-ish lights suddenly went flashing in my head because I was in that place for more than 3 years. The neurosis and the randomness and the waiting. Oh the fucking waiting. Sam (who by the way needs to update his site) could attest to that since he was and still is the (unwilling) repository of my monologues and angsty emails. Though of late he has been complaining about the slack in the monologues and angsty emails that came his way. I was depressed then. Hence, the inimitable eloquence. Anyway, it was the waiting and the nail biting and the teeth gnashing as well as the pulling of frizzy hair that I can't stand. That and the sudden torturous onslaught of boybands.
5 comments:
Cheers for the plug, Karen. I just looked at your profile and realised that Fra Lippo Lippi doesn't refer to paintings, and feel stupid now. Are you in Thailand?
A girl who steals tailbones for you is worth two decapitated heads in the hand.
I know what you mean about the depression. I'm not, right now, but the post was about emerging.
Ref: scary lesbians comments on my place: the second row of blogs I quoted were at the time, all bar two of the UK lesbian blogs there were in the world. I called them scary because they obviously felt more comfy with communciation at one remove, whereas others are far more forward about coming forward. So I reasoned I or they must be scary.
Fortunately, there's been an upsurge in lesbian blogs over the last year, and there's now much more than 5 UK lesbian blogs out there. Thank god/good grief.
Any other one liners about scaries were mere quippage and excitement. I wanted to make it clear no-one was being homophobic, as it occurred to me that to someone who didn't read the old blog, it could seem that way.
Vanessa / sarsparilla
I'm not, unfortunately. She is. But she is moving to my country before the year ends. I suppose I should start stacking on the Stolich, to celebrate my good fortune. :-)
Re your post. Yes, I gathered as much that it was about emerging. But I liked the wallowing part, don't you? Hehe. Just teasing.
Good news on the gf close enough continent wise to actually hug, eh? Wtg.
Okay, I'll come clean: I need to know what country you're blogging from, because that's how I organise the folders on bloglines, and I've been moving yours around more frequently than a mosquito scab. If I don't put your blog somewhere on there, I'll lose it, and forget the address. I don't understand the sidebar on upsaid enough to do proper links, though if you really like linkage, I can put yours up on the old blog.
Pick a country. Lie if you like. Where do you want to be?
Pestering Vanessa
Philippines dear Pestering V.
*Cheers up instantly* I hate having to lump another one into 'London'.
V
Post a Comment