Really, at two o'clock in the morning (2:25 a.m. to be exact) what interesting things could I possibly write about?
after two minutes of introspection
Hmm. I think I have a very boring life. Interesting things happened to me 10 or 12 years ago. But I couldn't remember what they were. Ah yes. A very interesting, life-altering thing happened to me last summer. I should be grateful. Yes, I am grateful. I fell in love.
I remember when I was younger, I was in college, I used to wake up at one o'clock in the morning and go outside of our house and look at the sky. Nothing interesting really, just a weird way of trying to get back to sleep. I used to bring my diary out with me, just in case something brilliant and witty gets written by me. Nothing ever did. All I had to show for the nocturnal mind forages were a couple of doodles which weren't that good in the first place.
I also remember falling in love, twelve summers ago. He had beautiful teeth.
I remember losing my belief in the concept of God at age 15.
I remember my grandmother telling me nonsense things about suns and clouds. They are nonsense now. But when one is 5 years old and don't know any better, everything that a grandmother holds to be true, make sense.
I remember trying to add three and five, when I was 4 years old. That was a traumatic experience. I am still trying to block it out of my memory. In consolation, I have had the highest possible grades in Integral Calculus and Advance Algebra when I got older.
I remember riding a train at age 3 because I was such a bratty papa's girl and he had to bring me with him during his travels because my mother can't stand my tantrums which will last for 8 hours.
I don't remember much before that. But my mother certainly remembered what a difficult child I was.
Well, I'm going to bed now.
2 comments:
Hmmm...Bedtime introspection. Were you able to sleep?
Yep. Had that out of my system. Felt much better. It's like having a good shit early in the morning, makes the rest of the day slide easily by.
Post a Comment