The umbrella is red. It is long, with a pointy tip. It opens up to a web of twig-like contraption and lightweight material that defies the wetness of rain. An umbrella is not bullet-proof and will break if you hit a man trying to grab your purse with it.
I took the umbrella home, after P and I bought it. We weren't able to use it because the rain stopped falling by the time we finished the serious transaction of buying a long, red umbrella in the middle of a busy store which also sells cooking pots and pans, balls of thread and candles.
The next day, colleagues borrowed it to go to the bank, even after I told them that it won't protect them from muggers who will want to steal the office's operational funds. They left the umbrella in the bank and forgot all about it until I asked them where the umbrella is. Good thing that the security guards at the bank think highly of other people's umbrellas. They kept the umbrella that was left and returned it to my colleagues, amidst profuse thanks.
Yes. It is a boring story. But you asked for it, Sam.
5 comments:
I bought a tissue thin umbrella because it was the smallest, lightest thing I'd ever seen last weekend. It doesn't lookas if it will survive three openings, let alone rain. Butterfly wings.
"..because it was the smallest, lightest thing I'd ever seen last weekend.."
Ah, your boyfriend was away for the weekend, eh?
Something completely different, Karen. I need your help. Since you are such an language expert and all, pls explain to me this:
"I couldn't possibly fail to disagree with you less"
what does it mean?
"I couldn't fail to disagree with you less."
I bet it's a European thing, this phrase. But it only means that he/she disagrees.
or simple bad grammer
Post a Comment